Export / Import user...

18 years 4 months ago #729 by Mackelito
Export / Import user... was created by Mackelito
Would be sweet to have this feature so you dont have to go via phpmyadmin... yeah yeah.. I´m lazy ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #776 by mijji
Replied by mijji on topic Re:Export / Import user...
I use an extern php script to dump the user database as an excel file. If it's something like that you had in mind I will post the script tonight when I get home

18 years 4 months ago #781 by airdee
Replied by airdee on topic Re:Export / Import user...
Mackelito wrote:

Would be sweet to have this feature so you dont have to go via phpmyadmin... yeah yeah.. I´m lazy ;)

You can try this Mambo component:
mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=2039&release_id=5691

18 years 4 months ago #1172 by Phleum
Replied by Phleum on topic Re:Export / Import user...
mijji wrote:

I use an extern php script to dump the user database as an excel file. If it's something like that you had in mind I will post the script tonight when I get home

That script may be just what we need. Mijji, If you could post it that'd be great! We'd like to use CB as our member management for a not-for-profit org, but it's a little bit awkward. Plus, we have multiple users who would need to use it-- not ones I want playing around in the database...:blink:

Anyone know how difficult would it be to write a script that automatically updated user info from a csv file? I used a script I found on the Mambo forums to import my original list, which worked pretty well. I wouldn't trust it to overwrite selective info, though.

Any thoughts are welcome!
Thanks

18 years 3 months ago #2825 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Export / Import user...
Assuming your using Windows, you could install a MySql ODBC driver and write your script in MS Access. Just hook up a "linked" table to your MySql tables... I think MS Access can handle some basic CSV conversion...

Don't know the specifics at the moment... I think I got my ODBC driver from MySql's website... can get more info if needed.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 3 months ago #3248 by Phleum
Replied by Phleum on topic Re:Export / Import user...
Mijji's script works realy well, but's not a component or anyhow connected to Joomla. To make real use of it in this environment, I see having it built into Community Builder, maybe as a plug-in (?) so that in the backend, there would be an icon near "new" and "delete" etc that says "export."

The script uses MySQL to get very specific results from any table you want, so maybe it would be better as a part of CB proper, as "export manager," along side "field manager," and "tab manager."

Or maybe it would be most useful as a Joomla component, to export anything from the database to excel.

I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm not much of a programmer. Does anyone have experience with this? or thoughts on the matter?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn