[SOLVED] Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file

14 years 4 months ago #118464 by Phleum
No, no. Of course it's important that people learn on their own. It becomes a question of their point of entry and the level of comfort they have. People need to be prepared with a pole, bait, and maybe a license before they can learn to fish. And some will learn better by reading about fish, others by trying out the pole, other by listening to people about how to fish. As teachers, we make choices about what tools to provide and how to present them. The parallels in this case, are manuals, dabbling with the scripts, and the forums. People will differ on which works best for them.

I beg to differ on the free product issue. CB is free, and the hard work of everyone involved from the developers to forum moderators/contributors is overwhelmingly appreciated, as is evidenced the the response from users (including me) in these forums.

CBSubs however, which is what this thread was about, is actually quite expensive by Joomla standards, and that changes the way people view it. When I was doing webby stuff for organizations for free, people felt about my work as we do about CB. Now that I'm trying to make a business of it, I'm a vendor, and those relationships have changed a bit; folks have a different level of expectations from me. I suppose the same is true of CBSubs.

I love these kinds of conversations- theory and all, but I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry for that...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131663 by writtenbymike
Replied by writtenbymike on topic Re:Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in
Rapunzl wrote:

It's a cb plugin. You have to install through CB Plugin Manager, not Joomla's.

Thank you, Rapunzl, for this valuable bit of wisdom...

I've run across this SNAFU a number of times, so you just saved my a ton of grief. :cheer:

Written by Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn