[SOLVED] can't save w/ hidden and required fields

14 years 3 weeks ago #128638 by jakobe75
I have a few user types,

each user type/plan has a specific tab that is only displayed on their profile
and only they can edit it. but everyone can see it.

Some of the fields on the tabs is shared between users, such as city, state, phone.

and some of this general info is required upon registration (required field)

the tab also contains other unique info to that users type. Which is not required.

for the most part it seems to work well on the user end

Users can see the right tabs on the right profiles and then only edit their tabs and fields that they "own"

however.
when editing a user on the backend by admin
I cannot save a user unless I fill out the required fields?

but most of these required fields are not even needed by this particular user plan/type that I am editing.

for example

user 1 - requires these fields upon registration for their plan

- club name
- city
- state
- zip

user 2 requires these fields for their plan

- biz name
- city
- state
- zip

Now they register and get in the system just fine.

but when an ADMIN goes on the back end to edit the user 1

they get a message that says "Biz Name field is required!"

and this profile cannot be saved unless adding some data to that Biz name field (which doesnt even appear on that particular users profile nor does the tab that it displays in)?

adding a simple 1 or 0 to the field allows the profile to be saved

but
I cannot just add a 1 or 0 to those fields upon signup as other features on the site filter users based on if these certain fields are filled out.

I have my required but hidden fields set to the same cbsubs settings as the tab they are on.

What am I doing wrong?

this really seems to be a problem that is keeping me from manually editing my users.

thanks

j 1.5.14
cb 1.2.2
cbsubs 1.0.3

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/30 21:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128689 by krileon
This is a standard feature of CB, please see the following parameter Fields validation in Admin at Joomla Backend -> Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> User Profile. Setting this parameter to No should resolve your issue. Please do so and confirm if issue resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128697 by jakobe75
Excellent!

yes that worked!

thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn