How to edit appearance of cblogin_mod?

14 years 2 months ago #126038 by egs
Hi,

I'm very new to CB, just installed 1.2.2, and I was wondering: is there any way to alter the appearance of the login module?

If you look at my website, you'll see why:
test.haagsesnookerclub.nl

The item gebruikersnaam/wachtwoord vergeten (dutch for 'forgot username/password') is too wide. I don't want to widen the entire box, so I would want to change the text for the 'forgot username'-link, or make it use two lines in a decent way.

Who knows how to achieve this?

And on this subject: Is it really necessary to change the default login module to the CB one? I don't mind, unless I can't make it look good

Thanks for your response

egs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to edit appearance of cblogin_mod?

I'm very new to CB, just installed 1.2.2, and I was wondering: is there any way to alter the appearance of the login module?

Yes, it's possible to restyle the login module the same way with anything Joomla or CB related. You'll need to use CSS to change the appearance.

The item gebruikersnaam/wachtwoord vergeten (dutch for 'forgot username/password') is too wide. I don't want to widen the entire box, so I would want to change the text for the 'forgot username'-link, or make it use two lines in a decent way.

Please see login modules parameters as it's possible to turn those two links into Icons instead of displaying text; this would prevent the run over you're experiencing as they'd be icons. Alternatively you can think of shorter wording and change the language string within your CB language file.

And on this subject: Is it really necessary to change the default login module to the CB one? I don't mind, unless I can't make it look good

Yes, CB absolutely requires the CB Login module; no alternative, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126293 by egs
He krileon,

Thanks alot for your fast and clear answer. I will try to find the appropriate code in the css - if at all nescessary after I do the other things you mentioned.

CB is kind of overwhelming. I am eager to use all of its capabilities and that sometimes make me a bit impatient in solving little puzzles like this one. So thanks again and keep up the good work.

Regards,
egs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn