[SOLVED] CB Privacy malfunction after upgrade

14 years 1 month ago #126076 by palmqviststefan
[SOLVED] CB Privacy malfunction after upgrade was created by palmqviststefan
Hi,

I just upgraded to CB 1.2.2 (from 1.2.1). I had the Privacy plugin installed during the upgrade. The plugin is not working after the upgrade. Fields with privacy settings prior to upgrading are behaving strange.

Example: I set a field to "User can control privacy", "Exclude private users", "No Front edit at all for that field", but the scrollbar visible/invisible does not appear in the user manager. Tabs with "no user edit" are also still editable. This only happens for tabs/fields that had privacy settings prior to upgrading to CB 1.2.2.

After upgrading to CB 1.2.2, I ran the database tests and got some redflags related to the Privacy plugin (sorry, can't be more precise).

I therefore deleted and reinstalled the Privacy plugin, but the problem remains. Prior to re-installing, I deleted jos_comprofiler_privacy, blanked fields with privacy settings in jos_comprofiler_fields and jos_comprofiler_tabs, and deleted the field privacy_settings in jos_comprofiler.

Environment: Joomla 1.5.15, CB Privacy 1.0RC, PHP 5.3.1 (Linux-server).

Please advice,
Stefan

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/08 21:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126077 by beat
palmqviststefan wrote:

After upgrading to CB 1.2.2, I ran the database tests and got some redflags related to the Privacy plugin (sorry, can't be more precise).

Is it still red ?

It looks like either you didn't have the same version before and after, or you changed your environment (php obviously and maybe database) since 1.2.2 upgrade.

My first guess is that your database content had already something not right before the upgrade.

CB Privacy has been part of our non-regression tests, and has passed tests before release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 1 month ago #126090 by palmqviststefan
Replied by palmqviststefan on topic Re:CB Privacy malfunction after upgrade to CB 1.2.2
Hi,

after reinstalling CB Privacy, the database tests are all green, but problems are still there.

How do I completely delete CB Privacy? I'd like to try with a fresh installation.

14 years 1 month ago #126093 by nant
palmqviststefan wrote:

Hi,

after reinstalling CB Privacy, the database tests are all green, but problems are still there.

How do I completely delete CB Privacy? I'd like to try with a fresh installation.

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

Need to see what the issue really is.

14 years 1 month ago #126110 by palmqviststefan
Replied by palmqviststefan on topic Re:CB Privacy malfunction after upgrade to CB 1.2.2
Hi,

turns out that my CB Privacy did work as it should after I had reinstalled it. Had database problems after upgrading to CB 1.2.2, as indicated by the red flags on the db-tests, but after removing the database and reinstalling CB Privacy the db-tests were all green.

The plugin was working as it should and the problems I was experiencing was due to my own lack of knowledge of the CB Privacy. I was trying to apply privacy settings to a field that was not published on the profile. Then, there was nothing left to apply privacy to.

Anyway, my thanks go to the CB Team for a great component and, especially to Nant for taking his time to help me get on the right track.

14 years 1 month ago #126125 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn