mini communities within website?

14 years 1 month ago #126173 by smilyalien
mini communities within website? was created by smilyalien
Hi,

I'm new to CB and was wondering if it has the capacity to create mini communities which are password protected (so that only invited guests can join) and within each community there can be things like a discussion board?

I need to be able to create many mini-communities, and registered users of the site should be able to join more than one mini communitiy.

Can this help?

Many thanks, Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126193 by nant

14 years 1 month ago #126371 by smilyalien
Replied by smilyalien on topic Re:mini communities within website?
brilliant, thank you!

14 years 1 month ago #126372 by smilyalien
Replied by smilyalien on topic Re:mini communities within website?
I have looked into GroupJive, which seems like the solution although I'm having trouble installing it. Here's the message I posted on the GroupJive website, in case anyone here can help?

Hi,

I'm a new user and I've tried installing 3 different versions of GroupJive now, but each time on the Plugin installation it fails claiming that it couldn't locate an XML file (despite one clearly being inside the ZIP).

Furthermore, when I try to create the first category, I click NEW and get this error message:
Fatal error: Class 'mosAdminMenus' not found in /home/ctngznlg/public_html/bookclub/administrator/components/com_groupjive/admin.groupjive.php on line 333

Is it because I can't install the plugin? I'm running mySQL version 4.1 and system legacy is enabled. I can't fathom the problem.

Help kindly appreciated!
Simon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn