Can I make users accept T&C at every log in?

14 years 1 month ago #126261 by TriumphBrian
Can I make users accept T&C at every log in? was created by TriumphBrian
I want my users to agree to Terms & Conditions every time that they log on (as well as document this acceptance) if possible.

How do I go about accomplishing this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126270 by krileon
You can't, T&C is only available at registration as a one time thing. Unless you redirect users on every login to your T&C article (see CB login module parameters for login redirect). Have an Accept link/button that takes users to their profiles within the article and a decline button that logs them out. URLs you'll need are as follows.

Profile (accept):
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&Itemid=YOUR_CB_ITEMID

Logout (decline):
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126287 by TriumphBrian
Replied by TriumphBrian on topic Re:Can I make users accept T&C at every log in?
As a work-around I've added pre-login text in mod_cblogin), but the size of the box does not expand to allow for the added content and cuts off the password field. Where is this customizable?

Would there be away to add a check box for "I agree" to to the log-in screen?

14 years 1 month ago #126354 by krileon

Would there be away to add a check box for "I agree" to to the log-in screen?

Yes, CB 1.2.2 features new triggers (onAfterLoginForm) which will allow you to create a CB plugin to add such an inputbox, you could also use the onDuringLogin or onLoginAuthentication triggers to validate the checkbox (reject login if not checked). Please see tutorials in signatures for further information on trigger usage.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/09 16:38

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn