[SOLVED] Importing field values

14 years 1 month ago #126310 by logicwrath
[SOLVED] Importing field values was created by logicwrath
Hello, I have ~240 selectable categories that users will be selecting using a multicheckbox. I created the field however, I do not plan on hand entering all 240 entries. I also ran into a similar issue creating a state drop down box however, I did actually enter in all the states by hand.

I created the following query to see the drop down values:

Select a.*
from jos_comprofiler_field_values a, jos_comprofiler_fields b
where a.fieldid = b.fieldid and a.fieldid = 78

This is where 78 is the fieldid of the multicheckbox. It shows the 2 values I entered in by hand.

Without breaking anything can I just insert values into jos_comprofiler_field_values table? I am not very familiar with MySQL will fieldvalueid autoincrement?

1.) Am I going to break something or asking for trouble?
2.) Can we get importing values implemented on the front end in a future release?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 18:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126348 by krileon

1.) Am I going to break something or asking for trouble?

Don't know, create a back-up of your database encase something happens, but the database table is straight forward so an INSERT query shouldn't cause any issues.

2.) Can we get importing values implemented on the front end in a future release?

To my knowledge we've no such planned feature thus far; possibly something for CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126837 by palmqviststefan
Replied by palmqviststefan on topic Re:Importing field values into jos_comprofiler_fields
In case you haven't solved this already...

If you have your 240 entries in, say, an Excel-spreadsheet or Open Offic Calc, you might want to do it with JIX. That way you won't have to type the names of each of your selectable categories if they already exist somewhere else.

Post edited by: palmqviststefan, at: 2010/03/16 22:45

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn