[SOLVED] Confirmation Email problems

14 years 1 month ago #126398 by darksoul88
[SOLVED] Confirmation Email problems was created by darksoul88
I have problems with the email to confirm the account.
Some users do not receive the confimation email, and some yes. I missed at least 400 users in 3 months using CB. What is the problem?
MY server:
5.0.67-community-log (mysql version)
2.2.14 (apache)
5.2.13 (php version)

I have a very big problem with this...
Another thing Cb is missing is the "Resend activation E-mail"

Please support me.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 20:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Confirmation Email problems
CB does not pick or choose who it sends emails to, take this up with your mailserver; it's possible they'd filtering emails. If your mailserver is functioning then it won't stop CB from sending emails, it has no code in place to selectively pick who it chooses to email.

To resend a confirmation email a user simply needs to attempt to login and it will send them a new confirmation email.

It's also possible users are providing fake emails which would cause them to never arrive anywhere. Again, please examine your mailserver logs (contact your host for this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126774 by darksoul88
Replied by darksoul88 on topic Re:Confirmation Email problems
I dont know why.. but that is solved now doing this.
Use same email adress on joomla configuration and CB.
;)

13 years 10 months ago #137276 by jelutz
Replied by jelutz on topic Re:Confirmation Email problems
I'm having an issue where unconfirmed users log in and they do NOT receive a prompt to re-send the activation link. I'm using CB 1.2.2; I would think that a bug like this would be fixed by now. Is it fixed in 1.2.3?

13 years 9 months ago #137388 by ayko
Hi together,

following isn't possible:

1. Configuration in CB with setting "random password" for registration

2. user click on register and our mail was blocked and deleted by a spamfilter

3. user wants resending activation-link after switch of our email-adress to the white-list.

I can't resend him an activation link.

He only got an activation link again, if he knows username and his password(which was generated by CB).

So he didn't know his password and he can't resend activation-link through login-form.

Do you have an solution, for this case.

a possible workaround is:
admin set new password in backend and put username + new password on login form to start resend activation-email.

best regards
Ayko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn