CB and Joomla activation mechanism issue

14 years 1 month ago #126410 by harty83
Hello,

I'm a developer for JFusion. One of our users noticed that JFusion does not play well with CB when it comes to activation mechanisms.

Joomla's default mechanism is that it "recognizes" a user as inactivated if there is a string (any string) in the activation column of jos_users table.

CB however tracks inactivations in its own table with confirmed and cbactivation. I can understand the reasoning for this. However, any other extension that depends on Joomla's standard mechanism for its own functioning will fail for users who registered through CB (the user is viewed as blocked rather than simply as not activating their account yet).

What are you thoughts on populating jos_users's activation column when a user is inactivated in CB and clear it when they are activated in addition to CB's own internal functions? This would allow compatibility with other extensions that depend on Joomla's standard activation mechanism. It would also allow Joomla to properly recognized users as inactivated if the webmaster decides to remove CB.

Thanks,
Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126413 by PhilH
Thanks for posting this Alan.

I am the user Alan is referring to. I am very interested in the devs response to this.

JFusion is a fantastic product and a center piece of a very complex family of sites I am developing. I chose JFusion for what it does and I rely on CB for it's profile extension capabilities. Hopefully CB can put together a solution for us. I think such a solution would solve some issues/challenges with other components as well namely AEC and Community ACL.

14 years 1 month ago #126592 by nant
harty83 wrote:

Hello,

I'm a developer for JFusion. One of our users noticed that JFusion does not play well with CB when it comes to activation mechanisms.

Joomla's default mechanism is that it "recognizes" a user as inactivated if there is a string (any string) in the activation column of jos_users table.

CB however tracks inactivations in its own table with confirmed and cbactivation. I can understand the reasoning for this. However, any other extension that depends on Joomla's standard mechanism for its own functioning will fail for users who registered through CB (the user is viewed as blocked rather than simply as not activating their account yet).

What are you thoughts on populating jos_users's activation column when a user is inactivated in CB and clear it when they are activated in addition to CB's own internal functions? This would allow compatibility with other extensions that depend on Joomla's standard activation mechanism. It would also allow Joomla to properly recognized users as inactivated if the webmaster decides to remove CB.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

Beat has already opened a ticket item on our forge about this.

Since I am in contact with Marius perhaps you can discuss with him what our changes / improvements can be made so we play nice together?

14 years 1 month ago #126750 by harty83
Replied by harty83 on topic Re:CB and Joomla activation mechanism issue
Hi Nick,

Didn't realize you were in touch with Marius. I'll touch base with him to get the latest scoop on what you guys have already discussed.

Thanks,
Alan

14 years 1 month ago #126764 by nant
harty83 wrote:

Hi Nick,

Didn't realize you were in touch with Marius. I'll touch base with him to get the latest scoop on what you guys have already discussed.

Thanks,
Alan

Yup, we have been in touch for a quite a while now.

Already followed up for you - appears that this is all that is needed. If anything else comes up feel free to contact me directly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn