'New article' notification through CB?

14 years 1 month ago #126421 by egs
Hi,

This may be a stupid question, but I was just wondering...

...I would like to add a notification-option to the 'Registered' part of my website, so the area users see when they log in, using the cblogin-module. But I want users to be able to receive an email-notification when a new article is published - on the 'public' part of the site, because the news-segment is public.

Uhm...Is this possible? Does Joomla itself contain modules to achieve this (sorry, off topic) or can I only use CB (addons) to get notifications about profile changes? This is the 'news'-page I want registered users to be able to subscribe to.

Thank you for any response,
egs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126423 by nant
egs wrote:

Hi,

This may be a stupid question, but I was just wondering...

...I would like to add a notification-option to the 'Registered' part of my website, so the area users see when they log in, using the cblogin-module. But I want users to be able to receive an email-notification when a new article is published - on the 'public' part of the site, because the news-segment is public.

Uhm...Is this possible? Does Joomla itself contain modules to achieve this (sorry, off topic) or can I only use CB (addons) to get notifications about profile changes? This is the 'news'-page I want registered users to be able to subscribe to.

Thank you for any response,
egs

This is 100% a Joomla issue.

It could be solved with a Joomla plugin.

I do not know if such a plugin exists on JED already.

CB has nothing to do with Joomla content process.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn