Additional CB fields in Kunena Sidebar

14 years 2 months ago #126760 by sunnyjey
Additional CB fields in Kunena Sidebar was created by sunnyjey
Hi, I would like to add CBSub Plan image in Kunena sidebar. At present i am using Beginner option in Simpleboard cb plugin.

I know it provides Advanced option to add any extra fields. But it seems that i have to configure all basic output like avatar, rank, posts etc including CSS to get just ONE additional Field output-- that too of CB own product!
[/i:ohmy:
Honestly i have tried Advanced option. But i couldnt get icons, rank images and same CSS display as that of Basic Output becuase lack of HTML knowledge.:(

I strongly feel that CB Team should provide:
1. Inbuilt provision to display CBSubs Plan Image
2. Addition html field within BASIC SimpleBoard CB Tab to add additional fields.
3. Or atleast Tutorial how to get icons, rank images and achieve same CSS as that for Basic option.

As per our experience, the 1st and 2nd option will need to wait for next CB release. I do not want to wait endlessly in hope for next cb release. So most feasible option would be to have Tutorial.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #126877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Additional CB fields in Kunena Sidebar
Using Expert mode (file) method you'll be able to achieve this successfully. I have done this very thing (add plan image on forums sidebar) on my own site and will provide the properly built file.

Please see attached file and replace your existing expert file followed by selecting expert mode. Please edit the file and replace cb_subscription with whatever your field is named as this is what I have named mine.

Attachment cb-0d6967ebbd3d701cf939cd76124e9ab8.zip not found

Will investigate making personal text substitution HTML capable; this would allow usage of beginner mode to display an HTML field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

14 years 2 months ago #126916 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Additional CB fields in Kunena Sidebar
krileon wrote:

Please see attached file and replace your existing expert file followed by selecting expert mode. Please edit the file and replace cb_subscription with whatever your field is named as this is what I have named mine.

I have tried this by replacing original file with this file. What i got was:
No Rank Display
No FormatName display

Expert mode is difficult for average user like me. What we need is:

krileon wrote:

Will investigate making personal text substitution HTML capable; this would allow usage of beginner mode to display an HTML field.

This would be awesome. There are many modules and plugins by third party like from software4joomla.com and axxis.gr which provides extra html field to add custom message, CB field etc.

I could see similar in CB Login Module with Pre-login and Post-login Text fields.

Hope to get this type of field earliest.

Thank you

14 years 2 months ago #126961 by krileon

I have tried this by replacing original file with this file. What i got was:
No Rank Display
No FormatName display

Expert mode is difficult for average user like me. What we need is:

It may need some changes to meet your installation, it's trial and error as with any code process. Please edit to suit your needs as stated it is directly from my personal site.

This would be awesome. There are many modules and plugins by third party like from software4joomla.com and axxis.gr which provides extra html field to add custom message, CB field etc.

I could see similar in CB Login Module with Pre-login and Post-login Text fields.

Hope to get this type of field earliest.

Investigated and not possible sorry, PersonalText within Kunena is processed before display and is htmlspecialed. You'll need to use Advanced or Expert to achieve what you're needing. Beginner and Basic are not meant to provide such capabilities. Expert mode is just a PHP file and not hard to design (see attached file), so this should not be of issue.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/16 16:54

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127874 by mycale
Replied by mycale on topic Re:Additional CB fields in Kunena Sidebar
I edited the code in the .php file attached to this thread to include personal text in my cb_personaltext field as follows:

[code:1]$html = '<div>'
. '<span class="view-username">' . $cbUser->getField( 'formatname', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' ) . '</span> '
. '</div>'
. '<div>' . $cbUser->getField( 'avatar', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' ) . '</div>'
. ( $subscription != '-' ? '<div style="margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;">' . $subscription . '</div>' : null )
. '<div class="viewcover">' . $cbUser->getField( 'forumrank' ) . '</div>'
. '<div class="viewcover">' . $cbUser->getField( 'cb_personaltext' ) . '</div>'
. '<div class="viewcover"><strong>' . CBTxt::T( 'Posts: ' ) . '</strong>' . $cbUser->getField( 'forumposts' ) . '</div>'
. '<div>'
. getForumSidebarTemplate::getStatusIcon( $user, $cbUser, $params )
. getForumSidebarTemplate::getPMIcon( $user, $cbUser, $params )
. getForumSidebarTemplate::getProfileIcon( $user, $cbUser, $params )
. '</div>';

return $html;[/code:1]

The personal text did not display in Kunena as exptected. See image:

I'd like to get the forum rank in a separate box from the bar image, and I'd like to get the cb_personal text field to generate below the forum rank. Help?
Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #127915 by krileon

I'd like to get the forum rank in a separate box from the bar image, and I'd like to get the cb_personal text field to generate below the forum rank. Help?

Editing of the expert file is left to you, sorry. We can not provide expert files for every users install; we do not have the time for such matters.

You mention your field is cb_personal, but you've used the following.

[code:1]
$cbUser->getField( 'cb_personaltext' )
[/code:1]

If a user does not provide any personal text then it will be empty like what you're seeing. It's possible that use simply has no personal text.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/24 15:48

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn