[SOLVED] users to choose a list at registration

14 years 1 month ago #126762 by BigCat
Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance as this is the first time i've ever used CB, but I have a question that's puzzling me and i need to get it sorted asap.

I'm creating an Alumni site using Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2.2.

I wish to place users into member lists, such as "class of 2000, class of 2001" etc and I would like the user to be able to choose their member list on the registration page via a drop down menu. The idea is that once they have registered they will show up in a list of their relevant year of graduation.

I understand how to create a field with a drop down list but this simply adds an entry onto their profile and doesn't place them into a member list

Could someone please explain if what i require is possible, and if so how do you do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
John
(Doc Subscriber)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 20:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126765 by nant
BigCat wrote:

I understand how to create a field with a drop down list but this simply adds an entry onto their profile and doesn't place them into a member list

Could someone please explain if what i require is possible, and if so how do you do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
John
(Doc Subscriber)

You can filter your member list to just show members that have the specific CB field value.

The detailed documentation has such an example.

14 years 1 month ago #126768 by BigCat
Figured it out! Thank you very much indeed for your help :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn