any ajax email checker improvement ?

14 years 1 month ago #126807 by ricardot
any ajax email checker improvement ? was created by ricardot
Is there any improvement in e-mail validation with Ajax during registration in CB 1.2.2 ?

In our website many new users type in wrong e-mail address. Therefore we would like to use the Ajax Email checker, or any other method to try to reduce mistyped e-mail address during registration.

But even for valid e-mail the test fails and with different e-mail configuration the problem persists.

Our website is hosted in Godaddy (is this bad ?)
Joomla is updated to 1.5.15
CB is 1.2.1 and wonder if upgrading to 1.2.2 the problem will be resolved.

In global configuration, e-mails are sent correctly with php mail function, sendmail and smtp server.
Recently we configured the smtp server method to try to sort out this problem. sending confirmation e-mails with smtp server is working fine.
Mailer: SMTP Server
Mail From: info@oursite.com
From Name: info
Sendmail Path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Authentication: No
SMTP Security: None
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Username: (blank)
SMTP Password: (blank)
SMTP Host: relay-hosting.secureserver.net

This works fine for our website.

But the only error we get wit the ajax email checker is:
"Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation."

And we tested with many valid e-mails, and the response is always the same.

Please help us to improve the registration process and stop getting wrong e-mails typed in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126867 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:any ajax email checker improvement ?
Please verify what the error displays as: red or yellow. Yellow is just a notice, because not all emails will validate. This is dependent on the domain of the email address not of the mail server. A lot of times private mail servers will deny validation requests. Yahho or MSN, etc.. should validate just fine. If possible please provide a link to registration and will see if can confirm on your installation as can not confirm.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn