Alternative to 5 microsites

14 years 1 month ago #127099 by martingwilliams
Alternative to 5 microsites was created by martingwilliams
Hi

I'm new to CB running Joomla 1.5

At present, we are running 5x microsites on Joomla 1.0. I'm looking to try and merge teh 5 microsites into 1 installation under our main 1.5 Installation.

The reason for 5 microsites is 5 members areas spanning around 150 users. They each belong to projects within our Company. I'd like all of our customers to login within the main CB component within the main site, and have their access and viewing determined by list or group.

For example

User belongs to Group A.
They would be able to share items pages/articles/modules which I say are for useage by all groups, but are only able to view Articles that are for Group A. They wouldn't be able to view articles that were assigned to Group B.

Hope that makes sense. There are so many bells and whistles on this component - I'm sure it's possible, but just hope somebody can point me in the right direction regarding permissions and groups

Many thanks

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Alternative to 5 microsites
Best I can suggest is use CB Juice to export all 5 sites, then use CB Juice to import all 5 sites users to 1 site. The problem is passwords are built differently in Joomla 1.5.x then Joomla 1.0.x. So you'd likely want to migrate all 5 installs to 1.5.x first THEN export with CB Juice. This would put all your users under 1 roof.

Now that you've got your userbase back you can start with having an alternative. CBSubs sounds perfect for your needs. You could have 5 plans (free if you like) that grant access to specific areas of the site or allow usage of specific modules, profile tabs/fields, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn