import my Ning community

14 years 1 month ago #127192 by robpage
import my Ning community was created by robpage
I just installed Community Builder in my Joomla site in about an hour. Given what a rank noob I am and forever will be, this is nothing short of miraculous!

Now that I'm feeling all confident, let me ask a question that will probably bring the whole thing crashing down around my head!...

I currently have 3600 members on my Ning site. I want to bring them all over to my Joomla CB community. I noticed in my Ning control panel I can "export all member data" as a .CSV.

1. Is there a way to import them into CB?
2. If so, can I bring over all the images they have posted on their Ning profile pages?

Thanks, Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127216 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:import my Ning community
A 3rd party developer has created an extension called CB Juice which allows importing of users into CB using CSV files. This is the best I can suggest however as CB it self nor Joomla handles import or export of users. I do not know the amount of data loss you will receive but it is very likely not all data will carry over; especially images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127265 by robpage
Replied by robpage on topic Re:import my Ning community
Thanks Kyle. I'll track it down. -R

14 years 1 month ago #127349 by robpage
Replied by robpage on topic Re:import my Ning community
Hey Kyle:

I'm imagine you know about these other import utilities. Just wanted to run them by you. Would they be any better than CB Juice? Would they even work? (Being so greeeeeeen I'm looking for the simplest solution possible):

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/5430/details

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/extensions-migration/4247

Thanks
-R

14 years 1 month ago #127426 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:import my Ning community
Sorry, I don't know; have not even used CB Juice. The extensions you've posted do not function with CB it seams, but just Joomla import. CB Juice as far as I am aware is the only fully functional importing utility for CB users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn