[SOLVED] Using CB lists with mailer/newsletter

14 years 1 month ago #127327 by deckard2019
I have installed CB 1.2.2 and defined several new fields that split users into interest groups. When users register, they can tick the groups they are part of. The lists of users are displayed on the website by a CB userlists menu item.
Now I want to install a mass mail or newsletter plugin to send messages to people in each group: e.g. CB Mailer or Acajoom.
What I want to know is whether any plug-in can re-use the lists of people that have already been created. Can they use the fields to create mail/newsletter groups that are identical to my userlists?
Or do my users have to click again in a separate place to subscribe to newsletters and emails?

There are several other posts in the forum on similar subjects, but I could not find a clear answer to this. Thanks for your help.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/22 14:50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127347 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Using CB lists with mailer/newsletter
I am not aware of the inner workings of the 2 mailing lists you have posted. Perhaps they have CB integration in place that does exactly what you want.

14 years 1 month ago #127523 by palmqviststefan
Replied by palmqviststefan on topic Re:Using CB lists with mailer/newsletter
I use CB Mailing for similar purposes. CB Mailing lets you send mass e-mails to any user list you have created in CB.

Using the fields on registration it is just a matter of creating the right user lists and CB Mailing takes care of the rest. It also lets you decide, on a group basis, who can send these mass e-mails. As a super administrator you can always send mass e-mails to any list from the backend.

14 years 1 month ago #127557 by deckard2019
Replied by deckard2019 on topic Re:Using CB lists with mailer/newsletter
Thanks. I will give that a go!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn