[SOLVED] Error in searching user list

14 years 1 month ago #127494 by HowardTheDuck
[SOLVED] Error in searching user list was created by HowardTheDuck
Hi All,
I have just upgraded do cb 1.2.2
Everything seems ok apart when I try a user search in User lists.

This is the error I receive (and the search doesn't work anymore)

Warning: preg_split() [function.preg-split]: Compilation failed: support for \P, \p, and \X has not been compiled at offset 1 in /var/www/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 2466

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 2473

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/26 23:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127606 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error in searching user list
Could you please specify what type of field you're attempting to search on? Reviewed the lines of code and at a glance do not see a problem. Please provide more details (see Help Us Help You within signature), thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127672 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Re:Error in searching user list
Hi Kyle,
I am searching on Username.

All the check in CB tools are ok. Will then check all other suggestions in Help us help you...but it seems everything was fine before the upgrade...

Thanks
Cristiano

14 years 1 month ago #127706 by krileon
Please PM backend access and will take a look, am unable to duplicate on local or live test environments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127900 by krileon
After further investigation and research the issue appears to be lack of UTF-8 support on a PHP level. Please contact your host on how to do this. We'll need to add a check to ensure regex is present. If your host can not enable UTF-8 please perform the following change.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php
ON: Line 2464-2469
[code:1]
global $_CB_framework;
if ( $_CB_framework->outputCharset() == 'UTF-8' ) {
$eachValues = preg_split( '/\p{Z}+/u', $value );
} else {
$eachValues = preg_split( '/\W+/', $value );
}

[/code:1]
TO:
[code:1] $eachValues = preg_split( '/\W+/', $value );

[/code:1]

Your host will most likely need to recompile PCRE with --enable-utf8 in order to provide this (they should do the same for unicode as well). Generally these are something a host should provide standard.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/24 14:21

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 1 month ago #127928 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Re:Error in searching user list
Hy Kyle,
thank you very much for your help. I will then check with the provider and, in worst case, I will patch the module...

Thanks
Cristiano

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn