CB ERRORS

14 years 1 month ago #127535 by darksoul88
CB ERRORS was created by darksoul88
hi!
Some users reported that when they confirm the email (sometimes there are problems also on sending confirmation)
They can access to the site also if there have confirmed the email.
Why this happen?

I have problems with CB, i loose many users.;)
I need to solve these problems, i want also to add a subscription to CB but in these circumstances not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB ERRORS
I don't understand your issue, please clarify further. What errors? Where? Please review Help Us Help You within my signature. If using SMTP Mailserver ensure you've set the SMTP Host correctly (please search as how to structure for CB has been answered multiple times).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127759 by darksoul88
Replied by darksoul88 on topic Re:CB ERRORS
I use php mailer function.

The problems are these:
1 - sometimes the email is not sent (also if the email adress is correct)
2 - Sometimes users where "blocked" also if they confirmed the email (they can't log in) they say the sistem display to confirm the email, but also if they have done.

These problems occurs on 3-4 registration/20 new user

14 years 1 month ago #127826 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB ERRORS

sometimes the email is not sent (also if the email adress is correct)

CB and Joomla do not selectively send emails; if it fails to deliver then is fault of user for mistyped email or you need to examine your mailserver logs to see if there is a problem (contact your host if unsure how to access these logs). It's also possible the email is being delivered to the users junk mailbox.

2 - Sometimes users where "blocked" also if they confirmed the email (they can't log in) they say the sistem display to confirm the email, but also if they have done.

A user is remaining blocked even after confirming their account? No error message? It's not possible to confirm and remain blocked without some sort of error displayed, that would imply the confirmation did not complete. Please check that the users email contains the confirmation URL and code (use a test registration with one of your own emails).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds