adsense site authentication + cb 1.2.2

14 years 1 month ago #127555 by Luff
Hi all,

I want to add a site authentication to adsense for my community builder 1.2.2 protected site. I think this can increase the content relevancy of Google ads placed on password protected site, therefore CTR can increase and it is definitely worth a try.

I figured out that this is not that easy for a Joomla based site, however I didn't find any valuable information if and how this can be achieved when cb 1.2.2 is installed.

I found this tip ( www.google.pl/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=0c8ded850beb1bb2&hl=en ) but it requires Joomla core modification and I still didn't get it run anyway (maybe because of cb?):

Besides I found this article from 2007 where Beat is mentioning that he might look into this in a later version:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,42/id,43597/#43597

Did anybody get it work already? Anybody here with an idea or workaround? Any help is highly appreciated!

Post edited by: Luff, at: 2010/03/22 10:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127578 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:adsense site authentication + cb 1.2.2
It's possible there are extensions available which will allow the authentication, but you'd need to search JED as am not directly aware of any. This is more an issue with how their authentication bot functions then an issue with Joomla or CB. It needs to be able to recognize Joomla or CBs login form and use it appropriately. Your images are also too small so am not sure what I am looking at.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn