Skip to Content Skip to Menu

currently running cb 1.2.1 and kunena 1.58

• brucer
  • brucer
14 years 1 month ago #127570 by brucer
how should i go about upgrading..

I'm running joomla 1.5 kunena 1.58, and cb 1.2.1 .

there is an upgrade to kunena 1.58 to 1.59.. should i upgrade kunena to 1.59 before upgrading to cb1.2.2

or should i upgrade cb first then kunena?

Post edited by: brucer, at: 2010/03/22 13:16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 month ago #127571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:currently running cb 1.2.1 and kunena 1.58
Can not advise upgrade procedure for Kunena, we did not develop Kunena. As for CB; 1.2.2 now features the ability to Install Upgrade on Joomla 1.5.x platforms. Simply install the extension from within Joomla as if the extension had never been installed and it will perform the complete upgrade automatically for you. Please ensure you do this for the modules as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• brucer
  • brucer
14 years 1 month ago #127656 by brucer
i upgraded from cb 1.2.1 to 1.2.2.. it went near flawlessly

but i got this message:

In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 1 month ago #127657 by nant
brucer wrote:

i upgraded from cb 1.2.1 to 1.2.2.. it went near flawlessly

but i got this message:

In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

Great.

And did you read the installation guide as instructed?

• brucer
  • brucer
14 years 1 month ago #127665 by brucer
yes,

after i upgraded i went to the site to check it, everything worked fine..

i pulled up the pdf and went to this section, but i'm not completely understanding it..

the pdf. says:

You must also deactivate the original Joomla/Mambo User Details item from the same User Menu (if present as it is installed with default data).
Completing the above steps will result in the appearance of a new menu item named CB Profile (or whatever you chose to name it) under the User menu (or whichever other menu you selected) of your Joomla/Mambo driven website. The new item is placed by default in the last position of the User menu (or whichever menu you chose) but you may change its position by clicking on the up arrow in the reorder column in the Menu  User Menu admin panel.

• brucer
  • brucer
14 years 1 month ago #127667 by brucer
could it be because i have the menu item available only to registered users?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon