private page admin and user

14 years 1 month ago #127741 by richo
private page admin and user was created by richo
Hello,
sorry for my bad english.

Is it possible to create a private page for change informations between administrator and the user when the user create this space ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:private page admin and user
Set contents of a field to only display to admin or the user themselves? Yes it's possible, you'll need to create a field and set it to not show on profile. Then using substitutions in a delimiter field you can set only the moderator and user to see the field. Please see tutorials in signature as you'd need to use advanced IF statements. Example as follows.

[code:1]
[cb:if user="#displayedOrMe" OR usertype="Super Administrator"][cb_mysecretfield][/cb:if]
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127970 by richo
Replied by richo on topic Re:private page admin and user
Tanks for the answer.

If you don't mind, to answer again to my question.

effectivly the goal is that administrator and the user can exchange information in private on user profil.

dos that solution is possible with basic community builder or with an special extension.

best regards.

14 years 1 month ago #128048 by krileon

effectivly the goal is that administrator and the user can exchange information in private on user profil.

Correct, using the above substitution based method will achieve this.

dos that solution is possible with basic community builder or with an special extension.

Yes; delimiter fields, settings fields to not display on profile, and of course substitutions are just some of the many features available with CB out of the box.

However, we do appreciate the support of our subscribers to help further/future development. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128133 by richo
Replied by richo on topic Re:private page admin and user
ok, thanks you.

So, I created 2 fields with on Back office with field management.

1 Type: Field delimiter.
2 Type : Editor text area.

with this fields I want to communicate with user.

I can edit the editor text area with user manager, and select the user, "state user".

But if I don't show a field in user profile, where can I see this feld ?

And this support doc, is it in french ?

14 years 1 month ago #128220 by krileon

But if I don't show a field in user profile, where can I see this feld?

That's what the delimiter field is for and its substitution. Please see tutorials in signature for substitutions or the following example content for your delimiter field.

[code:1]
[cb:if user="#displayedOrMe" OR usertype="Super Administrator"][cb_myeditorfield][/cb:if]
[/code:1]

And this support doc, is it in french?

No, documentation is provided in English only, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn