Best Calendar, Classifieds, affiliate program

14 years 1 month ago #127757 by video
1.) Looking for a calendar that will allow CB members-users to post their events but then if they could click a radio button to keep it private within their profile or "public" to allow it to be posted to the sites main EVENT CALENDAR. Is there a CB plugin or extension that works BEST (most efficient, good support, all the things you all rate developers BEST) with CB, CB Subs that

2.) What would be the BEST classifieds extension that worx with CB?

3.) Is there an affiliate program that works BEST with CB?

Post edited by: video, at: 2010/03/23 10:25

Regards,

Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127766 by krileon
Thread moved, please remember to always post in the most appropriate boards.

There is no BEST per say, everyone has their preference. Eventlist is an extension I've used in the past which a CBSubs integration is also available for it. I recommend trying different calendar extensions to find which best fits your needs. Please search JED for said calendar extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127845 by video
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about posting in the wrong area, but in reading what each forum was about and with SO MANY, my comprehension must have been overwhelmed late last night:blink:

I've used Eventlist with a Joomla 1.0 site and it was decent but at the same time I don't think it will do what I asked? Even with CalQ. "BEST" was defined somewhat and I do think that definition should make a better choice rise to the top as far as what will work most efficiently with CB.

I did look at the JED with exception to it being down yesterday for several hours and couldn't find anything worth much on affiliate programs or classifieds, such as Marketplace which I found through this forum from the developer posts. AdManager is a "popular" one but often that doesn't mean much as bad support might render it not so popular later and it hasn't had an update since July 09. AlmondSoft doesn't get good ratings either. Here again I want to know from the CB community PLEASE what has worked BEST with CB for you?

Regards,

Scott

14 years 1 month ago #127875 by video
Hi Krileon or any other help,

In looking at pre-sales questions I found your response in favor of Post Affiliate Pro. Have you or anyone reading this ever used idevAffiliate, Jafilia, zanox, tradetracker, webgains, tradedoubler, commision junction? Please let us know your experience and why you chose one over the other for others to see hereB)

Regards,

Scott

14 years 1 month ago #127944 by krileon
CBSubs has integrations for PostAffiliatePro and iDevAffiliate, both are very good and professional affiliation programs. iDevAffiliate has been around for quite some time, but is lacking in a few minor features (depends on if you need the additional features other packages provide). As a personal opinion I'd prefer PostAffiliatePro. I have however not used either in a live type environment. Only in test runs when creating the CBSubs integrations, but both worked flawlessly and as an affiliate platform should.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127965 by video
Thanks Krileon for the answer! I was wondering if you or others could elaborate a bit on the "minor features" as comparing them is fairly hard with their minimal descriptions. Short of paying for them and spending many hours trying both out it would be great if the community at large would please help me and others who look at this thread with the combined experience I believe there is among you all:) Thanks!

Regards,

Scott

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn