Module Display depending on CB Field Value

14 years 1 month ago #127802 by bigc90210
Hi There,

I was wondering, is there any kind of plugin/module, so a module can be displayed on a CB Value

For example:

Say i made a CB Field Called "cb_pollaccess" which was a boolean option

is there any way i could use one of those "custom code" joomla modules to show the poll module, but only if cb_pollaccess = 1, and if not = 1 then do not display it? obviously from here the poll module could be swapped to any other module

Just I think a module as simple as this would help a lot of people.

Thanks

C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127838 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Module Display depending on CB Field Value
Such a feature is not available out of the box, you'd need to edit the module to check the fields value or create a Joomla plugin which checks the field value and determines if it should render the module or not. Would take extensive work for the Joomla module, but editing the module would be a minor change. You'd need to import the CB API, establish $user object, then check the fields value with $user->FIELD. Please see tutorials in signature as to how to import the API and establish $user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127887 by bigc90210
Replied by bigc90210 on topic Re:Module Display depending on CB Field Value
Thank you very much for the advice :) Hopefully we could see some sort of "blank" CB-field-Value dependant module in the future. I will have a look

Cheers

C

14 years 1 month ago #127942 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Module Display depending on CB Field Value
bigc90210 wrote:

Thank you very much for the advice :) Hopefully we could see some sort of "blank" CB-field-Value dependant module in the future. I will have a look

Cheers

C

Might be possible in the future that a developer makes such a plugin, but am not aware of one in existence at this time, sorry. If is possible would likely only be doable on Joomla 1.5.x platforms due to the more advanced API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn