Problem with confirmation code

14 years 1 month ago #127858 by Vorak
Problem with confirmation code was created by Vorak
Hello,

I noticed that I have a problem with the confirmation code sent in an email to new members. As a result, I have temporarily disabled email activation, but this should be re-enabled ASAP so that's why this is rather urgent...

When people get an email with a link to activate their account, they get this:

(site url...) index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=

As you notice, the actual code is missing. So I've looked around on the forums to see if anyone else figured out the issue, but I couldn't find a satisfactory solution. I'm using Joomla 1.5.15 with the latest CB version, as well as CB Subs.

Things I have tried:
- Deactivate CB plugins that aren't of Joomla core or CB itself
- Ran all the "Tools" (such as synchronise users, etc...) in CB
- I do not use Acajoom nor have it installed (saw it was an issue in another topic)
- I tried the debug mode of Joomla, it only showed an error with the CB Video plugin, but disabling that made no difference

Can anyone help me with the problem why no actual confirmation code is included in the link?

Thanks!

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127860 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Did you setup the registration to be independent from the global site setting?

That sometimes causes conflicts.

14 years 1 month ago #127861 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the setting "Allow User Registration" is set to "yes, independently of global site setting".

Normally "Require email confirmation" is set to "yes" (not at the moment because I have deactivated that until this issue is resolved), and the [CONFIRM] link is put in the "Pending approval email".

14 years 1 month ago #127865 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Is this a fresh installation or have you recently upgraded Joomla? It could be a database issue. What version on Joomla are you using?

14 years 1 month ago #127878 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Vorak wrote:

Hello,

I noticed that I have a problem with the confirmation code sent in an email to new members. As a result, I have temporarily disabled email activation, but this should be re-enabled ASAP so that's why this is rather urgent...

When people get an email with a link to activate their account, they get this:

(site url...) index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=

As you notice, the actual code is missing. So I've looked around on the forums to see if anyone else figured out the issue, but I couldn't find a satisfactory solution. I'm using Joomla 1.5.15 with the latest CB version, as well as CB Subs.

Things I have tried:
- Deactivate CB plugins that aren't of Joomla core or CB itself
- Ran all the "Tools" (such as synchronise users, etc...) in CB
- I do not use Acajoom nor have it installed (saw it was an issue in another topic)
- I tried the debug mode of Joomla, it only showed an error with the CB Video plugin, but disabling that made no difference

Can anyone help me with the problem why no actual confirmation code is included in the link?

Thanks!

David

Please all CB Tools checks - make sure you have a published Public menu item.

14 years 1 month ago #127882 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
It is a fresh install in that this website was launched only half a week ago. So the Joomla version itself was not upgraded from an older version, for example. Its version is 1.5.15.

However, CB was upgraded recently from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, because when I initially set up Joomla the latest version was still 1.2.1 at the time. Unfortunately, I can't say if this validation code issue already existed BEFORE updating CB to the latest version, as it was not yet a production site at that time and so the issue didn't come up for me to notice it.

And yes, I have tried all the CB Tools already, and of course I have a published menu item to CB.

As you can see, I really have no idea where else to look for the problem anymore :(

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn