Problem with confirmation code

14 years 1 month ago #127926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Please PM backend access and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127960 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Thanks, Krileon! I'll pm you now :)

14 years 1 month ago #128087 by krileon
Vorak wrote:

Thanks, Krileon! I'll pm you now :)

Creation of users via backend is not possible due to something causing a redirect during the ajax email checking process. Am not sure what the direct cause is, but simply put you have too many extensions installed (primarily too many Joomla system plugins), which are likely conflicting. You've also noixACL, which is an ACL modification extension, which we do not support and too could be causing the problem.

Please follow all steps respectively within help us help you of my signature. Primarily disable all non-Joomla default plugins 1 by 1, re-testing after each plugin is disabled until conflict is found.

The best approach to test is create a user that is not confirmed, then attempt to login on frontend and a new confirmation email will be sent. This will help you test if confirmation email is then working after you've disabled XYZ plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128097 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Re:Problem with confirmation code
Hello again,

I admit I have yet to go through the "help us help you" list, but I should probably post my findings so far:

I have another Joomla install in a "sandbox" area, that (when setting up the new live site) I used as a test area to install and uninstall components, modules, plugins, etc... to see if they would work properly before implementing them into the "live" site. So I have been trying with an "unconfirmed" user account of my own there.

1. It's definitely not related to the latest CB 1.2.2 update. That one was never updated, and is still on CB 1.2.1 but produces the exact same problem.

2. I have unpublished ALL plugins (both Joomla AND CB ) at the same time (with exception of the core ones that couldn't be unpublished), and still it produces the same problem.

By unpublishing the plugins, I also mean the NoixACL plugins were all unpublished. As this sandbox site is not a live site, I could afford to try unpublishing it all without any visitors or members noticing it on the live site...

If all plugins are unpublished, and I still don't see the correct activation link, I don't think it's a case of plugin conflict?

As for the problem wtih creating a user via backend... I don't understand why that appears not to be possible, the account I created for you to login there, was created through the backend only yesterday and without any problem at all....

Post edited by: Vorak, at: 2010/03/25 22:39

14 years 1 month ago #128233 by krileon

As for the problem wtih creating a user via backend... I don't understand why that appears not to be possible, the account I created for you to login there, was created through the backend only yesterday and without any problem at all....

Please attempt to create a user via Backend and type an email address in, the Ajax validation check for some reason causes a complete page refresh; this is not supposed to be the case. Sorry, but once an ACL modification extension has been installed I can not provide any support as your install has been compromised. If you experience this issue on a complete new and fresh install then can progress further. I recommend creating a fresh install to confirm if it's your server, CB, or your site and it's extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn