[SOLVED] Duplication domain in URL - 404 Error

14 years 1 month ago #128211 by Jshrehane
Hi, This is my first post, have spent ages looking on site forums and other locations online to no avail.

I have just installed CB 1.2.2. with the latest Joomla 1.5 install. When performing the installation process as instructed everything appears to attach correctly, however when attempting to access either the register/forgotten password links within the CBLogin module a 404 error appears stating:

The requested URL /my domain/my domain/index.php was not found on this server.

As you can see, the domain has been duplicated and when one element is removed the correct page displays. I can not find any solution that identifies this particular error. I have looked at relevant areas of code within the:

mod_cblogin.php
comprofiler.php

However, all forum post either address slightly different issues or are about previous versions of CB and/or joomla 1.0.

I need to find a way to access the element of code that targets the combination code element of the url link. Previous problems relate to the inclusion of an '&' however I could not identify this either.

Only remaining solution I can think of is that I am using an old install of mamp? however no other components appear to be affected.

Please help:unsure:

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/29 19:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #128246 by nant
Jshrehane wrote:

Hi, This is my first post, have spent ages looking on site forums and other locations online to no avail.

I have just installed CB 1.2.2. with the latest Joomla 1.5 install. When performing the installation process as instructed everything appears to attach correctly, however when attempting to access either the register/forgotten password links within the CBLogin module a 404 error appears stating:

The requested URL /my domain/my domain/index.php was not found on this server.

As you can see, the domain has been duplicated and when one element is removed the correct page displays. I can not find any solution that identifies this particular error. I have looked at relevant areas of code within the:

mod_cblogin.php
comprofiler.php

However, all forum post either address slightly different issues or are about previous versions of CB and/or joomla 1.0.

I need to find a way to access the element of code that targets the combination code element of the url link. Previous problems relate to the inclusion of an '&' however I could not identify this either.

Only remaining solution I can think of is that I am using an old install of mamp? however no other components appear to be affected.

Please help:unsure:

Only thing I can think of is that you have an old PHP version.

Please see our Help Us Help You article (in my signature and all over these forums also) and follow basic debug steps and post back details.

14 years 1 month ago #128384 by Jshrehane
Hi, thanks for the reply Nick. Turns out it was a combination of two problems.

Initially as we both suspected it was time to upgrade my test server to include the latest PHP version.

Secondly however, I also used a slightly older version of Joomla 1.5. Just installed the latest version and it has corrected the issue. The second domain present in the URL was only removed when both of these update were performed.

Hope this saves the select few this might affect some time, because this was the longest two days of code trawling I have experienced in a while.

Cheers

14 years 1 month ago #128388 by Jshrehane
Replied by Jshrehane on topic Re:Dup of domain, think is something else
last post on this thread. when repeating the installation on test server, with previous parameters, found error once more. when comparing the successful installation against new one featuring the same error, it appears that the main reason I kept creating this 404 error was because there was a space in between my used domain name:blush: . Whilst this didn't appear to affect other components, this does affect cb, what a waste of time. not that this applies to many of you Im sure, but, don't do it.

On the other hand, and to save face a little, at least I am now using latest updates. :laugh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn