userlist drop down - wrong results when hidden

14 years 3 weeks ago #130012 by jakobe75
I am using the praise builder template, but this also occurs in the default template.

The userlist drop down menu, that lets you select the userlists is hidden on my site. (on purpose)

I am manaully linking to each user list from a menu item.

I have to do this in order to have a drop down menu with all 50 states for several different user types.

so I dont want my userlist master drop down menu to be shown. on the userlist or search pages

however when hiding the drop down menu for the standard userlist, the search results are always wrong.

some users arent searched at all, yet their fields and profiles are set to be searched and all results are shown in the the wrong list.

so I searched the forum and found this fix

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,71/id,81682/#81682

this does correct the problem and allows proper searching but it still shows the drop down list.

How can I get rid of the drop down and still have my results displayed correctly?

Joomla 1.5.14
cb 1.2.2
cbsubs - 1.0.3
php5+

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130116 by krileon
We always recommend methods that do not require core removal as it can cause adverse affects. The absolute easiest method to hide it is with CSS. Please see following example.

[code:1]
.cbUserListplists {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

Nearly all aspects of CB come with Unique classes or IDs which will allow hiding pretty much anything you want with a little CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #145544 by pallarna
Add this css code to which CB file?

I am using Joomla 1.5
grunge template

Thanks!

Post edited by: pallarna, at: 2010/11/04 20:55

13 years 6 months ago #145599 by krileon
You can add it to the bottom of your CB template CSS file or Joomla template CSS file. Either/or would be sufficient. CB template files can be found at the following location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn