[SOLVED] Members cannot edit or view profiles

13 years 11 months ago #135795 by bigtings
I've been struggling with this for several days now. Members are getting a 503 error ("Connection was reset" in Firefox) when trying to either view another member's profile or when trying to edit their own profile.

This happens both on my localhost and on the production server.

Here is my information:
  • PHP version: tried both 5.3.0 and 5.2.11
  • CB version: 1.2.2
  • Joomla version: 1.5.18
  • No errors in the log, except for the server resetting
  • No errors in the PHP error log either
  • No ACL or SEF components
Everything else on the site works perfectly. It is just the "view profile" and "edit profile" that produce this 503 error.

I am baffled by this :( Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/30 19:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #135810 by nant
try using Joomla default template to rule out your template causing issues.

13 years 11 months ago #135990 by bigtings
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried that! Along with a dozen other possible fixes for similar problems I've found on the forum, but nothing I've tried has made a difference yet.

Any other ideas are most welcome.

13 years 10 months ago #136187 by krileon
Sounds like a problem with possibly an installed CB plugin, please disable CB plugins 1 by 1 (aside from core plugins) and confirm if issue persists or solved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136281 by bigtings
I haven't installed any additional CB plugins, but I have disabled all the core plugins I don't need (connections, authortab, simpleboardtab, mamblogtab, yanc, pms).

The issue persists.

13 years 10 months ago #136317 by krileon
bigtings wrote:

I haven't installed any additional CB plugins, but I have disabled all the core plugins I don't need (connections, authortab, simpleboardtab, mamblogtab, yanc, pms).

The issue persists.

Not sure what more to advice, a 503 isn't very informative you'll need to review your server error log to see where the error is coming from. If unsure where to find the error logs please contact your host. Otherwise it's just a shot in the dark.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn