Login Redirects to Home Page

13 years 10 months ago #136054 by robotjay
Login Redirects to Home Page was created by robotjay
Hi, Friends.

Every time I login, I am redirected to my site's homepage, although I only want to reload the same page after login.

I have cleared the login redirect in CB configurations, and in the login module itself. SEF is disabled, and the SEF URLs is "off" in the global configurations. I have purchased CBSubs, but as far as I can tell, there are no redirection URLs that are set through the CBSubs plugin.

How do I get my login to stop redirecting? Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Jay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Login Redirects to Home Page
If all login redirects are cleared then the user should redirect to their previous location prior to logging in depending on the situation. For example if you navigate to an area you do not have access to and receive the error that you do not have access and attempt to login you will be sent to the homepage. It's not possible to replace the redirect with a reload, sorry. CBSubs does also have redirect capability, please review your plans on the Workflows tab as well as CBSubs Settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137362 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Login Redirects to Home Page
I am having the same problem...

For example on this page if you login it redirects to the home page.

I have checked the following settings:
  1. Module Manager-> mod_cblogin: Login redirection URL is blank
  2. Community builder config first login is blank
  3. In CB Subs plans all login redirect fields are blank

CB 1.2.2
CB login module 1.2.2
CBSubs 1.0.3
Joomla! 1.5.18
Joomla SEF is enabled

Please help... Thanks!

Post edited by: coachnet, at: 2010/07/09 09:11

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

13 years 9 months ago #137444 by krileon
It's working as intended in such scenario as you've been redirected to CBs login, it won't redirect back (would require reversing 3 URLs). Upon login the return URL would be the login/register page which isn't valid anymore as they're now logged in so will send to homepage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137518 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Login Redirects to Home Page
Thanks for your response Kyle.

I see what you mean about this being the intended outcome. If I only had one membership type or product that I was selling on the website, then that would be fine.

In my scenario, we have multiple packages and options. For example, someone who has previously signed up for our telesummit or ebook, might then want to sign up for annual membership.

From a user's perspective, they would want to login and stay on the page to purchase what they intended...

Is there any way of implementing this?

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

13 years 9 months ago #137573 by krileon

Is there any way of implementing this?

The only thing I can thing of is create a new CB Plugiin that use the trigger onAfterLogin and executes some JS such as history.go( -2 ); to send the user back 2 pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn