[SOLVED] New registration email - extra fields

13 years 10 months ago #136646 by Unconscious
I used to have this system working perfectly, on my old site which runs a slightly older version of Community Builder.. however, due to security concerns, upon reconfiguration of my website, I updated to this version of CB.. (1.2.2)

I am trying to modify the system email sent to the admin upon new registration, and add in a few custom fields that were on the registration page. Like an application.

I am trying to modify this:
[code:1]DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.\n');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_SUB','New User Registration');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL].\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only\n');[/code:1]

and put in this information:

[code:1]
.'Character Name - [USERNAME]\n'
.'Class - [cb_class]\n'
.'Race - [cb_race]\n'
.'Spec - [cb_whatspec]\n'
.'Spec Details - [cb_spec]\n'
.'Professions - [cb_professions]\n'
.'Vent: - [cb_vent]\n'
.'Application - [cb_app]\n'
'Is your PC capable? - [cb_pc]\n'
.'Can you make raid times? - [cb_raid]\n\n\n'[/code:1]

I have put this in on both sections, which had worked before according to this:

www.joomlahackers.net/joomla-tutorials/custom-fields-in-community-builder-administrator-registration-email.html

However, since the update it has ceased to work, and I've also noticed the file layout is different (despite those lines still being intact, although misplaced in the file...)

Is there any extra things I must modify to get this working?

I should add, upon modifying that file, and putting in that information, my whole website goes into a blank screen and no longer functions until I restore that file from a backup.

EG: The first code quoted begins at line 165 and ends at 177 in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php

Post edited by: Unconscious, at: 2010/06/27 18:06

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/30 16:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136694 by krileon

I should add, upon modifying that file, and putting in that information, my whole website goes into a blank screen and no longer functions until I restore that file from a backup.

This would be why it does not work, there's a problem with your string. Please try the following.

[code:1]
.'This email contains their details_CRLF__CRLF_'
.'Character Name - [USERNAME]_CRLF_'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]_CRLF_'
.'Class - [cb_class]_CRLF_'
.'Race - [cb_race]_CRLF_'
.'Spec - [cb_whatspec]_CRLF_'
.'Spec Details - [cb_spec]_CRLF_'
.'Professions - [cb_professions]_CRLF_'
.'Vent: - [cb_vent]_CRLF_'
.'Application - [cb_app]_CRLF_'
.'Is your PC capable? - [cb_pc]_CRLF_'
.'Can you make raid times? - [cb_raid]_CRLF__CRLF__CRLF_'
[/code:1]

Appears you were missing a period for one of the new lines.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136851 by Unconscious
Replied by Unconscious on topic Re:Custom fields on registration - weird problem.
D'oh! What a ridiculous stupid mistake to make! Thank you so much.

+Karma

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn