[SOLVED] cb connections and notifications

13 years 10 months ago #136676 by mahnaz
Hi
thank you for the nice component. it is really interesting to work with the cb and try to extend the capabilities. i have one question about the connections. i wanted to know that is it possible to have notification or messages from the users who we have connection with for example when they make a new post in the forum. is it possible?Or the cb connections is configured to only request connections and manage them?
cb 1.2.2
joomla 1.5.18
Any help would be appreciated.

Post edited by: mahnaz, at: 2010/06/28 14:17

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/29 20:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cb connections and notifications
CB Connections is only designed to handle accept/deny and display of Connections, it extends no other functionality. You're wanting notifications for posting on forums? Your forum extension should handle this, not CB. Kunena for example allows a user to subscribe to a thread, this would send notifications everytime a new reply is made to the thread.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136771 by mahnaz
Replied by mahnaz on topic Re:cb connections and notifications
Thank you Kyle for the information. I know about the forum subscription to a topic to get notifications, but as i couldn't find anything about extending the cb connections i decided to ask my question here.now that i know the answer i wanted to know what is the advantage of this connection system?
again thank you and thanks for nice extension.

p.s would you please tell me how i can close this thred or you will do it yourself?

Post edited by: mahnaz, at: 2010/06/29 06:36

Post edited by: mahnaz, at: 2010/06/29 09:45

13 years 10 months ago #136810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cb connections and notifications

i wanted to know what is the advantage of this connection system?

The connection system is like "Friends". Similar to that on Facebook or MySpace. It's simply there to connect users to one another whether be friends, family, co-workers, etc...

p.s would you please tell me how i can close this thred or you will do it yourself?

I've marked the thread [SOLVED].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn