Authortab populating sporatically

13 years 10 months ago #136756 by skoegler
Authortab populating sporatically was created by skoegler
I've read the help us help you section and have completed the steps. Here is the config information:
Setting Value

PHP Built on: Linux serv01.siteground118.com 2.6.28.5-grsec-sg2 #6 SMP Fri Feb 20 02:45:11 CST 2009 i686
Database Version: 5.0.77mm0.1-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.17 Stable [ Wojmamni ama woobusani ] 27-April-2010 04:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10

This is a new install and only has a very few addons installed.

The Author tab only shows articles for a few users. Some authors have contributed multiple articles and some just 1, there does not seem to be any consistency. I've disabled and reenabled the authorplug with no change.

Web site is www.the-techside.com

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136830 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Authortab populating sporatically
If using caching this would likely be the results. You may need to examine the Author plugin and its query to meet your needs. Please try disabling cache. The author plugin will only display published articles and only if the viewing user can see them. For example a public user can not see registered user accessible articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136833 by skoegler
Replied by skoegler on topic Re:Authortab populating sporatically
Thanks - Cache is not being used.
All articles I'm looking for are public viewable.
I've disabled / enabled the function and this has not changed the appearance of articles. Still some appear and some do not.

I've seen other posts regarding this same issue, but most of them are very old, and none of them include any description of a solution. Did they just discontinue using this function?

13 years 10 months ago #136869 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Authortab populating sporatically
More then likely the following parts of the query are causing problems. Again, please examine the author plugin core code as it may need adjustments. I can't duplicate your issue however. The very same author plugin is used here on Joomlapolis which too is working fine.

[code:1]
. "\n AND (publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR publish_up <= '$now')"
. "\n AND (publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR publish_down >= '$now')"
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn