unique email checking crash

13 years 10 months ago #136773 by kenmcmahon
unique email checking crash was created by kenmcmahon
In Firefox 3.6.6 and Safari 5.0 on MacOs 10.5.8 when registering new users in the back-end (CB 1.2.2) the unique email check causes a crash. I have the Ajax email checker set to no. I understand that the unique email check is a CMS function, but I'm at a loss to know where to start looking for a possible cause. It hasn't always done this and is OK on IE 7. I'd welcome any ideas.
Thanks
Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136790 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:unique email checking crash
It does still work for me (and others I presume). Try disabling your Joomla and CB plugins one-by-one. I've had this problem before with a faulty addon.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 10 months ago #136825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:unique email checking crash
Disabling the ajax checkers doesn't affect backend. What do you mean it crashes? It's safe jQuery and shouldn't cause any problems. Have tested working in IE6, 7, 8, FF, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. Please check that you do not have some other plugin or extension that is conflicting. You may want to check that you've JS up to date and or in a working state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136843 by kenmcmahon
Replied by kenmcmahon on topic Re:unique email checking crash
When the email field is completed and you tab or select the next field, the checking... message, apears briefly then the page attempts to refresh, but nothing appears (blank page) with the message 'waiting for www.mysite.com' in the Firefox status bar. The error console displays the following warning:

Warning: The 'charCode' property of a keyup event should not be used. The value is meaningless.
Source File: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
Line: 0

13 years 10 months ago #136876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:unique email checking crash
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to duplicate the issue and review your server error logs. There is likely some other form of underlying issue which is either 3rd party related or probably host related. Can not duplicate your issue on numerous installations, do not believe this is a bug of any sort due to CB. Attempting to simply disable the checking is just masking the problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136953 by kenmcmahon
Replied by kenmcmahon on topic Re:unique email checking crash
OK Kyle, thanks for the advice. The site is currently live, so i'll have to wait for some quiet time before doing what you suggest.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn