Vote question

13 years 10 months ago #136784 by guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co
Vote question was created by guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co
hi,
I would like to know if it's possible on cb to permit people who are seeing different profiles, to vote for a profile like "I vote for this person" and then see the ranking in an other module in the front page for exemple.
thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136823 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Vote question
guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co wrote:

hi,
I would like to know if it's possible on cb to permit people who are seeing different profiles, to vote for a profile like "I vote for this person" and then see the ranking in an other module in the front page for exemple.
thanks a lot

It's possible to "Rate" user using the rating fieldtype plugin available to document subscribers, but you an not comment and there is no module to display those ratings (you'd need to develop the module). You could also use the ProfileBook plugin to allow users to Rate and post a comment with that rating (profilebook has built in ratings field specific to the plugin).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136854 by guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co
Replied by guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co on topic Re:Vote question
ok, i see...
but i have really no idea how can i create this module on joomla. is it difficult? could you please give me some advices...
thanks a lot

13 years 10 months ago #136877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Vote question
guillaumevilpoux@gmail.co wrote:

ok, i see...
but i have really no idea how can i create this module on joomla. is it difficult? could you please give me some advices...
thanks a lot

Sorry, can't advise you on this matter. This would be for you to do. Probably best approach is to just perform a query on the _comprofiler table (with _users joining of course). You could then sort by the rating field, display username (with link if you design it to). You may want to look around for something more to your liking already done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds