[SOLVED] Display an 'Address book' of users

13 years 10 months ago #136792 by Sulphy
Hi there... after much searching, and dozens of forums, threads and more searching, i have thrown in the towel, and hope that someone here can answer my question : I have an intranet, and as such, it would be handy to have an address book of sorts, so people in the organisation can find colleagues. Whether online or not, and view phone numbers etc.

I did use the list users plugin, but that only shows recently registered, random etc.... as a left or right hand side little slot. I would like to be able to see the whole list, or have it tabulated by letters of the alphabet....

Please can someone put me out of my misery, and please tell me this can be done with CB.....

Many thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/30 19:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136798 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:Display an 'Address book' of users
The CB User lists can easily be setup to show users by alphabet. You could even make several userlist only showing names from A-C etc and link them in a phone-book sort of fashion. Please check out the user list settings!

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 10 months ago #136801 by Sulphy
Replied by Sulphy on topic Re:Display an 'Address book' of users
Thanks for the reply....
I went through the settings, sure i could probably get it to work as i need it to... but how do i get the list to display in the 'body' if you will of the site...

so i want to create a link say in Main Menu to CB Userlist (how??)
And how do I get it to list All Users instead of random, last online or last new??
and have that then display the users in the main section of the site....

Apologies.... I am kinda new to this... and thought it would be something easy to find / setup....!

Appreciate your help...

Post edited by: Sulphy, at: 2010/06/29 18:03

13 years 10 months ago #136832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Display an 'Address book' of users
This is all basic setup information, if new to CB I recommend subscribing for the documentation or taking the time to explore CB further. You can configure the display of your userlist including how it sorts, etc.. by editing the list within Userliist Management from Joomlas backend. Adding a menu link is done by navigating to Joomla menus and clicking Community Builder followed by selecting Userlist, if using J1.0.x you'll need to create an external link with the userlist link given when editing the list in Userlist Management. I don't understand what you mean by main section of the site, the userlist will display as if its a stand alone component displaying in the content area of your sites template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136852 by Sulphy
Replied by Sulphy on topic Re:Display an 'Address book' of users
Thanks again for the reply.... this was very helpful... got it to display as needed, just need to get my head around the config now....

:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn