[SOLVED] ItemId does not seem to work

13 years 10 months ago #136904 by careware
[SOLVED] ItemId does not seem to work was created by careware
Hello there,

I am trying to change the modules that are displayed on my login form, but it seems as though the ItemId does not work? It is always showing as though ItemId=1 which shows modules that I don't want there.

www.auyqyq.com.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword〈=en

www.auyqyq.com.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword〈=en&ItemId=2

Is this a limitation of Community Builder or is there something I do not understand?

I have read through the forum and see other people mentioning similar issues but I can't seem to find an answer.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very appreciative.

Post edited by: careware, at: 2010/07/01 04:05

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/06 16:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136906 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:ItemId does not seem to work
If I understand you correctly, this seems to be a template-specific issue, meaning your Joomla template developer would likely be able to help.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

13 years 10 months ago #136910 by careware
Replied by careware on topic Re:ItemId does not seem to work
Hmm, it's just that all my other components seem to work ok using the ItemId method. It's just community builder that doesn't.

That makes me think it's not a template issue, but I will look into it and see what comes of it. I will try using a different template and see if that solves the problem.

Thank you so much for your help. I will report back with what I find.

13 years 10 months ago #137044 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:ItemId does not seem to work
Using your above reference link you've mistyped the addition of itemid. It is very very specify and picky about its usage. Please try the following.

[code:1]
&ItemId=2
[/code:1]
TO:
[code:1]
&Itemid=2
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #137108 by careware
Replied by careware on topic Re:ItemId does not seem to work
Krilion. You my man, are a genius!

That was the problem. Well some of it anyway, I still have to go in and hardcode it into the module, but that's ok.

Thank so much for spotting that, I never would have noticed it...

Thanks so much.

13 years 10 months ago #137164 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:ItemId does not seem to work

I still have to go in and hardcode it into the module, but that's ok.

This is fixed for next CB release, where the module will contain Itemids as well as the Itemid function has been extended to consider all tasks CB is capable of (if you have a link to registers in Joomla menu then that Itemid will be used for the register links instead of Itemid to user profile).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn