CB Tabs like Inbox in a normal Joomla Menu

13 years 10 months ago #136916 by startup
Hello !

Is it possible to make a "normal" Joomla Menu and within this having an Item let say "Inbox" which links to the CB inbox system? A general solution for all Tabs would be perfect. Any hints are welcome ...

Thanks

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136923 by heyai
Using the regular joomla menu you can add new items to most CB functions. As CB doesn't come with a PMS the Inbox link is separate from CB. UddeIM for example provides a menu link to the inbox.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 10 months ago #137053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Tabs like Inbox in a normal Joomla Menu
You can also link directly to a tab by creating a link to users profile and appending &tab=(tab_id or tab_name). The previous poster is correct that CB does not come with a PMS built in and there is no such Inbox, you'd need to use something such as UddeIM for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137470 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:CB Tabs like Inbox in a normal Joomla Menu
Hi!

I do now understand that I get i.e. with the Menu Link /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&tab=30 the Tab with the ID=30

I have also a menu item with an Community User profile and now I want to have another one pointing to the tab. But if I understand the tooltip of the Community User profile entry right which is "This is a menu item for Community Builder User profile. Please create only one of them and make sure that this menu item is of public access and published. " I would cause some problems ?! Does the user profile menu item and a specific tab item causing together problems. At least the link are both parameters for the com_comprofiler component?!

Its working but maybe there are side effects which I do not see right now - so what is your tool tip note all about ?

Thanks a lot

Frank

13 years 9 months ago #137588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Tabs like Inbox in a normal Joomla Menu
Your links with Tab ID would be external links and shouldn't be of issue. It's simply a notice or warning, but not an error or requirement of sorts. You can have more then 1 link, but just be mindful of Itemids to ensure they're correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn