[SOLVED] Installation Error

13 years 10 months ago #136984 by jonzi_456
[SOLVED] Installation Error was created by jonzi_456
Hello, i have installed Joomla 1.5 on my Fasthost server, running PHP5.3, and am trying to install CM 1.2.2, and every time i try and install it, i find myself going through a cycle of 3 differant errors

1st time i try it, it gives me an error saying "FATAL ERROR" and that it has exceeded 30 seconds

2nd time i try it, it loads for ages, then just halts on a white screem

3rd time i try it seems to be the most successful of the three, it gives me the following error:
[code:1]Warning: JInstallerComponent::require_once(\nas33ent\domains\r\ryansportfolio.co.uk\user\htdocs\ibdb\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\install.comprofiler.php) [jinstallercomponent.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nas33ent\domains\r\ryansportfolio.co.uk\user\htdocs\ibdb\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291

Fatal error: JInstallerComponent::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '\nas33ent\domains\r\ryansportfolio.co.uk\user\htdocs\ibdb\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\install.comprofiler.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in \\nas33ent\domains\r\ryansportfolio.co.uk\user\htdocs\ibdb\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291[/code:1]

but this time, if i go back onto my Joomla Admin screen, under "Components" i can see "Community Builder" but when i click on something from that, it just shows PHP error messages.
So i have to uninstall.

If i try again after this, it just goes back to my first error.

(sorry if this is posted in the wrong place/or there is already a post on this, i have tried searching this forum and also searched the web for help but couldn't find anything)

Thanks a lot

- Ryan

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/06 16:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Installation Error
Sounds as if you do not have PHP configured to provide enough memory and execution time. Please contact your host on how to increase your PHP memory limit to at least 32M and your execution time to at least 60s. It's also possible you've a permissions issue. Ensure the components/ folder is writable as well as the tmp/ folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: meganwar.mw

13 years 10 months ago #137084 by jonzi_456
Replied by jonzi_456 on topic Re:Installation Error
OK thanks for the reply. Got in touch with fasthosts, and they say that they cannot change the php configuration, so i think its time to find a new hosting supplier.

Thanks for your help

13 years 9 months ago #138224 by salientknight
Replied by salientknight on topic Re:[SOLVED] Installation Error
I'm getting a similar error...but its spawned by a different file...

Warning: require_once(\www\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\install.comprofiler.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \www\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '\www\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\install.comprofiler.php' (include_path='.;C:\PHP\pear') in \www\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks,

-=Sal=-

13 years 9 months ago #138241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[SOLVED] Installation Error
Try configuring FTP within Joomlas global configuration. Appears there is some path issues or permission issues. If using a custom PHP.ini ensure you get the default PHP.ini file THEN modify it from your host as you may have overwritten critical parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138699 by salientknight
Replied by salientknight on topic Re:[SOLVED] Installation Error
Thanks for the reply. I've heard that this might be an slashing issue with / vs \. I tried a few of the work arounds but nothing has helped yet. I'll try turning on FTP and see what happens.

-=Salient Knight=- :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn