Spam from comprofiler?

13 years 10 months ago #137079 by shanesr
Spam from comprofiler? was created by shanesr
A user on my customer's site received an email similar to below:

Jul 1, 2010 07:12:03 PM, dig@0pgi.cn wrote:
This is an enquiry e-mail via www.MYSITE.com/index.php/component/comprofiler/index.php/component/comprofiler/ from:
DebtConsolGuide

Hello
Debt Information Guide here!
Please check this url: [URL=http://www.debt-information-guide.info - Debt Information Guide[/URL -
Have a nice day!
BB!

I am using:
Joomla 1.5.18
CB 1.2.1 (will upgrade after this post)
uddeIM 1.7 (will upgrade after this post)

I am not sure if I have old extensions that have security vulnerabilities or if I have been hacked or what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Spam from comprofiler?
The user registered, then went to a users profile and using the email contact form sent the email. You haven't been hacked or anything, a spammer just registered and sent the email. You can disable contact via email form from within CB configuration on the general tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn