Can Community Builder do this??

13 years 10 months ago #137098 by rwfriestad
Can Community Builder do this?? was created by rwfriestad
I'm trying to learn JOOMLA and have some very modest background in asp & html - It was suggested that Community Builder might be the answer to the question below - My understanding is that Registered Users can have access to read (and download?) restricted content (Ref "Beginning Joomla!" by Rahmel, page 166) - I would like to have several different "classes" of Registered Users - Let us say that there were several different sets of restricted content - I would like to be able, as Super Administrator, to set individual Registered Users to have access to any one, multiple or all sets of restricted content - There are currently three separate sets of restricted content - In the future these sets of restricted content may increase in number - Is this possible in the generic form of Joomla using Community Builder or will it require special programming assistance by a developer? - Or is it not possible?
I have successfully set JOOMLA up to run on my computer using the localhost procedure -
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
Roland Friestad
cardinal.eng@grics.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137186 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can Community Builder do this??
Sounds like what you're needing is CBSubs (CB Plugin) to handle access controls. CB it self has no access controls for Joomla content or anything of the sort. Alternatively you could use Docman and its permissions system to handle storage of documents (articles?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn