set up new password

13 years 9 months ago #137180 by cgarin
set up new password was created by cgarin
Hi,
I'm having problems with CB in the user profile. When a new user is registrering into my website, he receives an automatic generated password to connect on my website.
When he is on his profile and he tries to register his own password into his profile, the system seems to accept it. But at the following login time, after having entered the new password, an error message appears : "Login or incorrect password. Try again".
I used the fields password in the tab management to create it. Did I miss something ? What is this new password not working ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:set up new password
User defined passwords to my knowledge do not work with password generation, the field should be Read Only or as matter of fact not be accessible at all. If you wish to have user defined passwords please configure CB on the registration tab to not generate passwords.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137642 by cgarin
Replied by cgarin on topic Re:set up new password
I have removed the "generate password" option but the cb_password field created with CB doesn't register my password I have inserted when I created my account.
The field stay empty.
Please help

13 years 9 months ago #137690 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:set up new password
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then attempt to register. Sounds like there is a fatal error present. Is any other information storing? How do you know the field is blank? Have you reviewed your _users database table? The field within profile edit will always be blank.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.702 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn