Does CB match my request?

13 years 10 months ago #137225 by frlobe
Does CB match my request? was created by frlobe
Hello,
I am looking to CB as it seems to match what I would like to do. But before going more in advance, I would like to be sure.
What I need:
- a database of members --> creation, modification, deletion avaible for both the member and the admin. Need upload of doc and PDF files.
- the possibility to make a search on the members database. The result is a part of the member informations. When a search maths, I can click on the member name or a "see" button and have the full description of the member.
- a database of job offers --> creation, search and deletion for both the member and admin. Each job offer needs to be linked to the member that create it

All these requirements would be in a table form for a better presentation on the front-end side.

I am not sure that CB is doing everything. If not, is it simple to add some component or module to CB?
This site is for an association and we dont have money to pay someone to code for us ...

Thank you for your answer.
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137259 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Does CB match my request?
CB is great for the "member" items you ask for.

For the upload of files and for the job offers request, I'd check the joomla extensions directory for an extension. There are many options there.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

13 years 10 months ago #137277 by frlobe
Replied by frlobe on topic Re:Does CB match my request?
Hello
and thank you for your answer. I install CB today (will wait later for the other points) and it seems OK for me. I have a question on the fields validation. Is it possible to add some more than the ones planned? For exemple, I would check that the member is not yet in the database. But I did not find where I can make this search. I suppose, I have to update the CB code ?
Finally, I try to delete some files, I really don't need, like the avatar. But I am not able to do this as it is a "system field". No way to do this?
Regards

Post edited by: frlobe, at: 2010/07/08 06:16

13 years 9 months ago #137337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Does CB match my request?

I would check that the member is not yet in the database. But I did not find where I can make this search.

Such validation is not available, you'd need to develop a new plugin to provide this.

I suppose, I have to update the CB code?

Core edits are not supported, you should use an integration for something such as this.

Finally, I try to delete some files, I really don't need, like the avatar. But I am not able to do this as it is a "system field". No way to do this?

It's not possible to remove system fields. The document subscriber available privacy plugin will let you remove the edit mode of any field if you wish to remove core fields. You can hide them from profile by setting their profile display to no, etc... There are several options available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn