[SOLVED] Not receiving new registration emails

13 years 9 months ago #137787 by misfit949
I'm having trouble receiving email when new users register in CB 1.2.2. and Joomla 1.5.18

I've checked other forum posts and have tried all of the following that was suggested:

-"send moderator emails" is YES in the config
-The super admin can receive moderator emails in the CB user management section
-I've tried all three ways to send email through the config, SMTP, sendmail, and PHP.
-The global config mail from, registration email, and reply to email are all the same as the super admin. I've also tried different combination's of emails in these fields to no avail.

Now whats really weird is:

- Mass Mail can send to all users no problem
-The user signing up DOES receive an email every time they register, but not the admin.

This is driving me nuts. Can someone help?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/16 21:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137793 by ymedia
I am having the exact same problem, support would be greatly appreciated.:dry:

13 years 9 months ago #137884 by krileon
Edit your users within User Management and ensure your user is set to receive emails. Please check your junk and/or spam folders to ensure the emails are not being filtered out. If possible contact your host for mail server logs to help see where exactly the email is stopping.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137914 by misfit949
Hi krileon, thanks for the quick response. I have tried all of your suggestions with no success.

I called my hosting company and they claim that an email is not even being sent from joomla to the admin on the server. They are able to trace the email to the user that's registering no problem.

Is it a problem that I have the same email for the global config email, reply to email, from email, and the admin in the user manager?

I'm able to send to the admin no problem from other components like CK forms but not from Comm Builder.

Any other suggestions? I'd really like to use comm builder for this project.

13 years 9 months ago #137923 by misfit949
Well I feel stupid. It turns out the admin email will not be generated until the user confirms his email. Glad I spent half my day trying to figure that out

13 years 9 months ago #137998 by krileon
misfit949 wrote:

Well I feel stupid. It turns out the admin email will not be generated until the user confirms his email. Glad I spent half my day trying to figure that out

This is correct, a user is not counted as a newly registered user until they've actually confirmed their registration. Otherwise you could end up rather spamed if say bots tried registering and never completed the confirmation process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn