[SOLVED] Retrieve Password Without User Name

13 years 9 months ago #138379 by LikeStuff
I have my site set-up so that users login using their "Email" and a "Password". I noticed that if they forget their password, it asks them for their username. This is confusing because when they registered they did not have to provide a "Username".

How then can they retrieve their password?

Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/23 19:17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138457 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Retrieve Password Without User Name
What do you mean they do not have to provide a username? This would imply modification was done to the core. Username is absolutely required by the CMS and can not be removed. It can be renamed to something like Nickname, but regardless is required. At any rate check password and username retrieval and it'll only ask for email address. Can not advise otherwise as sorry username is required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138499 by LikeStuff
Replied by LikeStuff on topic Re:Retrieve Password Without User Name
Hi Kyle,

Maybe I did not explain properly.

These are the fields I have on the registration page. First Name, Last Name, Email, Password and Verify Password. I do not have a "Username" field on the page.

After the user registers, they only need their "Email" and "Password" in order to login. However, if they lose their password, the "Lost Your Password" page is asking for a "Username" and "Email" address in order to retrieve it.

I guess I'm trying to figure if the "Username" is ALWAYS required for registration in the event you lose your password?

13 years 9 months ago #138505 by LikeStuff
Replied by LikeStuff on topic Re:Retrieve Password Without User Name
I just noticed that there is a new version of CB (1.2.3). I upgraded and the "forgot login" feature seems to be working as expected now.

When I click on "Forgot login" it asks ONLY for your email address which is what I was assuming it would do in my previous posts.

"If you lost your password, please enter your E-mail Address, then click the Send Password button, and you will receive a new password shortly. Use this new password to access the site."

Thanks for your help!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn