email syntax checker (Ajax?)

13 years 9 months ago #138650 by zilty4
email syntax checker (Ajax?) was created by zilty4
In CB User Management I want to add a user with email that begins x'sabcd@xyz.com. (That is an apostrophe.) When email is sent to this address with Thunderbird, it is accepted and delivered. So the address is valid in some uses.
After entering this, CB responds that the email "seems valid".

But upon 'saving' the checker (Ajax) (or something) reports that "this address does not accept email".

I have spent a bunch of time searching com_profiler .php code for a place where acceptable characters are defined but I have not found it.

In any case, CB is configured Ajax name check = NO and Ajax email check = NO.

I have searched for "email syntax" in this forum and failed to find my problem discussed.

All help much appreciated.
---M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138663 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:email syntax checker (Ajax?)
It's not the ajax checking that is failing it is the email fields REGEX that is failing. That is not a valid email address, it should never have special characters and not sure how it was even created to begin with unless was created on a private domain. At any rate you'll need to display admin fields validation within CB Configuration on the user profile tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138800 by zilty4
Replied by zilty4 on topic Re:email syntax checker (Ajax?)
Thanks for your reply. I know the address does not conform to standard email address syntax. Nevertheless, like the bumblebee, it flies (receives mail):

By test just run: "Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s)listed below. ...
The mail system
<d'smail@xxxx.xxx>: delivery via
smtp.xxxx.xxxx.com[208.47.xxx.x]:25: 250 OK D1/DE-10482-4A54F4C4"

Rock: finding the regex code
hard place: asking d to change email address
I'll just see if d has another one.;)

13 years 8 months ago #138878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:email syntax checker (Ajax?)
Is the ajax email checker providing the error or is a pop-up saying the email is not valid? The default regex validation should accept that email. Otherwise you can edit the email field in field management and adjust the validation by changing the parameter Authorized input:. If it is the ajax checker failing then the added likely is not responding to the validation check sent to the address. Not all providers support such a validation check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn