SEO and User Profile

13 years 6 months ago #144851 by CrazyHarry
SEO and User Profile was created by CrazyHarry
Hi all,

I'm using Community Builder and SEO and I want to come up with a way to allow our registered members to publicize their profiles using a shorter URL than what SEO/CB is providing.

Here is what it is

www.nshama.com/index.php/practitioner-search/userprofile/DonnitaParker

Is there a way to take out all of the stuff and make it look like this?

www.nshama.com/DonnitaParker

One thought I had was creating a subdomain for each member with a redirect in the .htaccess file. But that seems like a lot of work to me.

Thanks in advance for your brilliance.

Harry M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SEO and User Profile
You've posted in the CB 1.2.2 boards, please upgrade.

Onto your issue, there's only so much you can do with Joomla SEO. It will use the following structure site/menu-alias/task/user-id|username, example as follows.

www.example.com/profiles/userdetails/62

OR

www.example.com/profiles/userdetails/admin

Both are used depending on how the URL is structured. "profiles" is my menu links alias and can be changed to whatever you want. The following can ONLY be done with 3rd party SEO, which I don't recommend.

www.example.com/admin

In order to remove index.php you'd need to configure .htaccess usage as your URLs aren't being re-written at the moment via PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn