Privacy plugin translation on frontend fields?

14 years 1 month ago #126327 by some1new
Is there a possibility to translate the content of the select boxes for frontend into other languages for the privacy plugin?

Regards
Some1new

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126471 by ndee

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

14 years 1 month ago #126655 by krileon
Not having any issues translating privacy plugin, please see the following.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/cbteamplugins_language.php
ON: Line 349
[code:1]
// Privacy plugin: (new method: UTF8 encoding here):
CBTxt::addStrings( array(
'Visible on profile' => 'Visible on profile',
'Only to logged-in users' => 'Only to logged-in users',
'Only for direct connections' => 'Only for direct connections',
'Only for %s' => 'Only for %s',
'Also for connections\' connections' => 'Also for connections\' connections',
'Invisible on profile' => 'Invisible on profile',
'Access only to logged-in users. Please login.' => 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login.',
'Access only to logged-in users. Please login or %s.' => 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login or %s.',
'register' => 'register',
'Access only with login' => 'Access only with login',
'Access only to directly connected users' => 'Access only to directly connected users',
'Access only to directly connected users and friends of friends' => 'Access only to directly connected users and friends of friends',
));
[/code:1]

If using a different language plugin, please create a cbteamplugins_language.php file for it so you may translate plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126695 by ndee
Hi Kyle,

I have that file in my language/german/ folder and it contains the translation:
[code:1]// Privacy plugin: (new method: UTF8 encoding here):
CBTxt::addStrings( array(
'Visible on profile' => 'Sichtbar im Profil',
'Only to logged-in users' => 'Nur eingeloggte User',
'Only for direct connections' => 'Nur für direkte Verbindungen',
'Only for %s' => 'Nur für %s',
'Also for connections\' connections' => 'Auch für Verbindungen meiner Verbindungen',
'Invisible on profile' => 'Nicht sichtbar im Profil',
'Access only to logged-in users. Please login.' => 'Zugang nur für eingeloggte User, bitte einloggen.',
'Access only to logged-in users. Please login or %s.' => 'Zugang nur für eingeloggte User, bitte einloggen oder %s.',
'register' => 'registriere',
'Access only with login' => 'Zugang nur mit Login',
'Access only to directly connected users' => 'Zugang nur für direkt verbundene User',
'Access only to directly connected users and friends of friends' => 'Zugang nur für direkt verbundene User und Freunde von Freunden',
));[/code:1]

As said, if I edit a profile from backend, the strings get translated correctly - if I want to edit the user from frontend the english translation is visible.

I grabbed the translation from the CB directory.

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

14 years 1 month ago #126721 by some1new
As ndee says,

it´s still the same problem.

No translation via frontend.

Regards
Some1new

14 years 1 month ago #126726 by nant