Japanese translation not working

11 years 7 months ago #131060 by ericv
Japanese translation not working was created by ericv
Hi all, I posted in the 1.2.1 forum as well, but have since upgraded to 1.2.2 per Nant's suggestion.

Unfortunately I am getting the same results. The core language will change to Japanese, but the CB component pieces and the CBLogin do not change. The standard login changes to Japanese.

I am using the Japanese plugin that I downloaded from the downloads area, and have checked it out per the guidelines and can't find anything wrong with it.

I appreciate the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #131062 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #131065 by ericv
Replied by ericv on topic Re:Japanese translation not working
http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,361/Itemid,55/

This is the plugin that I downloaded. Thanks for the quick response.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #131406 by ericv
Replied by ericv on topic Re:Japanese translation not working
Any ideas on this?

I've reviewed it again and I can't figure out what the issue is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #131436 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Japanese translation not working
ericv wrote:

Any ideas on this?

I've reviewed it again and I can't figure out what the issue is.


Spent 15 minutes for you.

Downloaded Joomla Japanese language for J 1.5.15 and installed it on my Joomla 1.5.15 local test site, which also has Joomlafish 2.0.4 installed.

Also installed the CB plugin.

Everything switches just find in frontend.

So it appears to be working for me.

I cannot comment of course on missing language strings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #131472 by ericv
Replied by ericv on topic Re:Japanese translation not working
Nant,

I appreciate the 15 minutes, but I'm still stuck. After your post I built a new instance.
Joomla 1.5.15 install(using Fantastico, if that makes a difference)
JoomFish 2.0.4
CB 1.2.2
Japanese core admin and site
CB Japanese plugin

I only installed these things, and I am still having the issue on a brand new site.

When I switch to Japanese, the site switches fine. The core stuff goes to Japanese. But the CB stuff does not switch.

Example.
Pulling from japanese.php
DEFINE('_UE_EMAIL','メールアドレス');
or
Pulling from default_language.php
DEFINE('_UE_EMAIL','Default Language Email');

When I switch to Japanese, and the site switches fine, but CB stuff still pulls from default_language.php.

if you go to dev.us-dvlottery.com and click on register, you'll see the default language text still shows up even when it's on Japanese.

My install is as base as it gets. Not sure if it's doing the same on yours or not, but all that text on register should change since it's defined in the language file, but it's still pulling from default_language.

If you want a login to the site, I can PM it to you. I can normally straighten these things out pretty quick, but this one is really confusing me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn