LogIn Text Field Height Change?

14 years 1 month ago #127115 by dkinney9
LogIn Text Field Height Change? was created by dkinney9
Hi and yes I am a newbie. I am new to CB, Joomla, CSS, PHP..get the pic I am lost but learning quickly. (Don't ask why ..you don't want to know..lol)

OK all kidding aside here is my background and question.

http: sumc.jcsaweb.com

Installed CB Login and I can see it - goodness.
CB is in my Toolbar right postion in Joom 1.5
The height of the Login form fields are tool tall to fit on the toolbar.

What is the path and name of the CB Log In Form so I can decrease the height of the form fields? If someone wants to tell me CSS would be easier that is great too but I can only tweak CSS and have no idea how to write it from beginning to end.

Thank you so much for your help.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/19 20:07

Post edited by: dkinney9, at: 2010/03/26 20:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127218 by rspack
Replied by rspack on topic Re:LogIn Text Field Height Change?
Viewed your site and the login is appearing at the top right and not the right side.

Basically it appears the issue you are having is one to do with the template you are using and not in the CB Login module.

Are you using a Joomla 1.5 compatible template? Joomla's templating is specific on layout positions and I am not sure exactly where you want the login boxes to appear. (Upper top area? Right Side?)

Go to this site to get an understanding of the Joomla template positions:

www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla15/joomla_layout.htm

Perhaps this will assist you in positioning your login module. Then to tweak the box sizes you would need to go into the template folder you are using and open the CSS file for that template and look for the login section inside that CSS file and make changes there.

14 years 1 month ago #127242 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:LogIn Text Field Height Change?
Your template is adding a padding to the input fields, which is resulting in them being pushed down too far. Please see the following CSS.

IN: templates/yoo_mellow/css/reset.css
ON: Line 67
[code:1]
input[type="text"], input[type="password"] {
height:17px;
padding:3px 0 3px 5px;
}
[/code:1]

Removing the padding results in them fitting a little better, but can not guarantee it won't make other inputs at other locations look odd.

The location you're using is just not ideal for a login module, sorry. There's not enough room.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127315 by dkinney9
Replied by dkinney9 on topic Re:LogIn Text Field Height Change?
Thank you so much for the help! You are correct if I adjust the padding then it will impact the other form fields.

Have a great day!

D

14 years 4 weeks ago #128172 by dkinney9
Replied by dkinney9 on topic Re:[SOLVED] LogIn Text Field Height Change?
Hi again.

OK, our church really wants the CB Log in in the Joomla 1.5 Mellow Template Toolbar (Top Menu). So I reworked the layout css:ohmy: and now there is room. Besides we really like the idea of the log out field and little message when you are login visible from every page.

We are now live... (southumc.com)

I understand the suggestion was that the padding in the reset was my challenge but I reset all the padding to 0px and unfortunately there was no difference.

Obviously I am doing something wrong. Isn't there a div that I can set the padding from?

Perplexed as a newbie,

D

14 years 4 weeks ago #128174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[SOLVED] LogIn Text Field Height Change?
Sorry, but can not advise you on the construction of your own site; please contact a contract developer or explore the usage of CSS further. We simply don't have the time to make CSS, HTML, etc.. suggests for each user. Seeing as your issue is not an issue with CB it self I can not investigate, again sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn